Deputy Centre Manager - Swansea Tennis Centre
Swansea Tennis Centre, which is operated by the social enterprise Tennis Swansea 365, is one of the most successful tennis centres in the UK. Only 6 years ago, the ex-council run building was shut after losing around £180,000 a year. Under new management the Tennis Centre is now considered as "Best Practise" by the Lawn Tennis Association and has envious participation and financial figures. The Centre also boasts some of the best performance tennis players in the country, overseen by some of Wales's top coaches. The Centre is now also home to Ace Fitness, another dynamic step in the Centre's exciting future.
Tennis Swansea 365 are award winners, most notably winners of an "Outstanding Achievement to Tennis Award in 2012".
Key roles and responsibilities
To assist in the overall management of the facility and any community work that the business oversees.
To assist the commercial innovative approach to the provision of services ensuring that the Centre constantly identifies and responds to changes in patterns of customer needs and expectations; delivering excellent facilities and services that both meet the needs of customers and also usage targets, in conjunction with the management.
To help ensure the Centre continues to be at the forefront of community tennis in the UK, and leads in terms of both vision and results.
To help ensure that financial, administrative and computerised systems are closely monitored and efficiently maintained and developed to meet the Centre's needs and also provide a high standard of management information reporting.
To help ensure the Centre has effective operational management and exceeds operational quality standards by ensuring that efficient staffing policies and procedures, such as recruitment, training, development, health & safety and staff shifts and rotas are followed closely.
To work closely with the General Manager, preparing reports and business plans, and carry out project management, as required.
- Demonstrate managerial experience
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the operation of a leisure facility, including health & safety legislation
- Demonstrate experience of business development, business growth, sales and marketing.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of customer needs, ensuring this is central to decision making and service delivery
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with a wide range of people
- Demonstrate a clear understanding & knowledge of human resource management
- Diploma level qualification, leisure management degree or equivalent management qualification preferred.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership skills
- Demonstrate sound knowledge & understanding of financial management
- Demonstrate good information technology skills
- Must be able to work unsupervised and to agreed outcomes
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- have a flexible approach to working hours
This position is a permanent full time position.
Email CV and covering letter to Owain Rees; firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information call Owain on 01792 650484