Head Coach - Claremont Tennis Club
Claremont is a 4 court (3 floodlit) tennis club with a modern clubhouse and associated facilities. The club gained Tennis Mark three years ago. There are currently 75 adult members and 38 junior members. It is a sociable and friendly club. There are several tournaments held during both the summer and winter seasons and an annual club competition during August. There are four men's team and one ladies team in the summer. There are three mixed teams in the winter leagues. There is a strong social programme with events such as quizzes and comedy nights almost every month of the year.
The club's priority areas for the coach are to increase junior and ladies participation.
We are looking for a coach from 1st October 2017 or as soon as possible after this date, due to the end of the current coach's contract.
A few years ago the group coaching has been very popular with 12-20 adults attending team training on Mondays and 10-12 adults attending intermediate coaching on Saturdays. However, in the last few years the numbers participating in group coaching has dwindled and the club would like to reverse this trend. Recently the junior membership in the age groups 3-12yrs has thrived form a very low starting point and we are looking to build on this,
- Professionally Qualified (qualification recognisd by the LTA) to Level 3 or above
- LTA License (licensing preferable for all coaches where it is possible, if not regsitration is acceptable)
- Experience of delivering quality, comprehensive tennis programmes, which include competitive and coaching progressions for all ages and abilities
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Excellent organisational, financialand computer skills
- People management experience and ability to work well within a team
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage, develop and promote the on court tennis programme in line with Clubmark guidelines and the clubs focus areas of raising participation for all.
- Act as a point of contact for members and interact on a social and coaching level
- Encourage members to play tennis and improve their game
- Increase membership numbers by enhancing the club's credibility
- Actively source new members and help promote and market the club
- Establish quality school links; raising local awareness and attracting new members
- Set up regular competitive opportunities for all ages and abilities within the membership
- Organise LTA programmes and open days, such as GBTW, to attract new members
- Assist in planning/organising club tournaments and tennis events for all members
- Coordinate the entry and selection of junior teams
- Attend management committee meetings in order to provide statistical and financial information on the organisation and degree of success of coaching and competitions and impact on membership numbers ; also to discuss potential opportunities for growth and attraction
- Liaise with outside bodies to source funding for overall programme
Next Steps if you are interested
- Please send a CV and the reasons why you would be suitable candidate for the post by August 11th 2017 and email to the secretary of the club, Elizabeth Haddock firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interview date: from 4.30pm Tuesday and Wednesday 22nd and 23rd August 2017
- Shortlisted candidates invited to coach a group during the week commencing 28th August 2017
- Final decision: no later than 31st August 2017
- Start date: 1st October 2017 or as soon as possible after