Tennis Development Manager - Batley Sports and Tennis Centre, Batley, Yorkshire
KAL have recently confirmed a £1.6m capital investment at Batley Sports and Tennis Centre in both the indoor and outdoor courts in addition to a new interactive play development which will transform the facility into an exciting family oriented destination.
KAL are looking for a Tennis Development Manager to manage and deliver the community and commercial Tennis programme for KAL.
As well as designing, implementing and managing the programme, the role will be responsible for maximising participation and commercial performance.
You will manage a team of coaches delivering safe, fun and progressive Tennis activity sessions to our customers, making sure that they have a great experience and with a focus on retention.
You will work closely with key partners to ensure a co-ordinated and joined up approach to achieve the successful delivery of the Tennis development plan.
We are looking to appoint an individual who is committed to achieving and exceeding the expectations of our customers. Our ideal candidate will be dynamic, have strong leadership and organisational skills, be analytical, highly numerate and show attention to detail.
Does this sound like you? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
In return, we can offer you a great package of benefits such as:
- Our Staff and Family Membership scheme, which provides virtually free facilities for you and a greatly discounted rate for some of your family.
- A great discount website which can save you and your family loads of money too!
- We have a generous annual leave entitlement
- An excellent pension scheme (West Yorkshire Pension Fund)
- We also like to have fun and celebrate our successes as often as we can
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Disclosure will be required for this post; a conviction will not exclude a candidate from applying but will be considered as part of the overall recruitment process.
Please send your CV and an accompanying letter detailing how you meet all of the 'A' and 'B' Criteria as detailed in the attached Role Profile.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact:
Gareth Watson (Project and Partnership Manager) on 07815 498670.
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 26th November 2017
It is anticipated that interviews for this post will take place week commencing 4th December.
Job Role: Tennis Development Manager
Salary: Scale 6 (£23,354.00 to £24,917.00)
Competency Band: 3
Location: Batley Sports and Tennis Centre (with the possibility of working across KAL)
Responsible To: Project and Partnership Manager
Responsible For: Tennis Centre Coaching Workforce
KAL's Corporate Aquatic and Sports product is a vital part of the organisation's business delivery. This section of the business will drive the aquatics and sports products, both in terms of financial contribution and product delivery, to ensure a high quality, profitable product continues to be developed and delivered.
The Tennis Development Manager (TDM) is a key position within the KAL delivery team structure. The main focus of this role is to manage and deliver the community and commercial Tennis programme for KAL. As well as designing, implementing and managing the programme, the role will be responsible for maximising participation and commercial performance of the Tennis Centre and the Tennis product.
The TDM will manage a team of Tennis Coaches who will deliver safe, fun and progressive Tennis activity sessions to our customers, making sure that they have a great experience with a focus on retention.
The TDM will engage with and work closely with key partners to ensure that there is a co-ordinated and joined up approach to ensure the successful delivery of the Tennis development plan.
The TDM will deal with enquiries and we have a range of IT systems in place to use. You will get to know our systems and use them as part of your daily routines to communicate with others, record progress and perform general administration tasks such as participation monitoring.
As the TDM you will manage, co-ordinate and assess your team. You will be there to manage and co-ordinate them, offering support and guidance where needed. In addition you will need to be able to give feedback and feel confident in managing other people's performance.
- To increase participation and the commercial performance of Tennis at Batley Sports & Tennis Centre
- To monitor, audit and report on the Tennis programmes against an agreed range of KPIs and service standards to ensure continuous improvements
- To assist with budget planning, preparation and reporting on the Tennis Centre's performance
- Be responsible for the indoor and outdoor Tennis court programming
- Provide excellent customer service
- To recruit, manage and monitor the performance of Licensed Coaches within the programme
- Take responsibility for leading, coaching and delivering activity sessions in KAL whilst ensuring the safety of participants through guidance, instruction, supervision and demonstration
- Work effectively with partners
- Management and delegation of administrative tasks related to the post
- Actively research developments around Tennis and physical activity and ensure knowledge and best practice is shared around your team
- Liaise with the KAL corporate services
- The ability to demonstrate the KAL Values - ONE TEAM, PASSION, EXCELLENCE
- Hold a Level 3 LTA coaching award or equivalent, or working towards. Additional relevant qualifications or skills gained working within the tennis environment would also be advantageous. The post holder will be fully supported with their personal development.
- GCSE (NVQ L2) Maths and English, or equivalent
- IT experience, including knowledge of social media
- A minimum of one years' experience of working with people in a sport and physical activity environment
- Basic knowledge and experience of health and safety
- Exceptional organisation skills with the ability to complete a wide range of administration skills within set timescales
- Flexibility with working hours (evenings and weekends are a must) and location
- Experience of line managing people
- Experience of managing events to a successful outcome
- Experience of networking and partnership work
- Experience of managing a Tennis Coaching Programme
- Experience of planning, delivering and monitoring projects including funded projects
B Criteria (most to be gained on the job)
- KAL Corporate Induction
- KAL Health and Safety certificate
- Life Changing Event training
- L1 Safeguarding Children certificate
- L2 Safeguarding training
- To be able to demonstrate effective people management skills
- Manual Handling certificate / Knowledge and experience of moving and handling sports / activity equipment
- Institute of Customer Service (ICS) Service Management Certificate
- KAL product knowledge
- LTA Competition course organiser
- LTA Referee course
In addition, we expect that everyone:
- Complies with all health and safety legislation and any site safety rules imposed by management to ensure the health safety and welfare of yourself and other persons, such as members of the public. All relevant health and safety documentation and training will be provided.
- Acts in accordance with KAL's Equal Opportunities policy and treats colleagues and customers with dignity at all times, and does not discriminate against, or harass other members of staff or customers, regardless of their status. You should also counteract such practice or behaviour by challenging or reporting it.
- Must commit to, support and work within KAL's Safeguarding policies and procedures
The role of Tennis Development Manager is Band 3 and you will be expected to demonstrate an ability to work at this level, satisfying the majority of the behaviours at application. You would then be expected to progress until you are consistently meeting all the competencies within Band 3.